The Canvasser/Phone Banker, working under the active supervision of the Deputy Director and the Canvass Director, is responsible for engaging with community members and cultivating relationships with potential volunteers through surveys, signed petitions, and phone calls. The Canvasser/Phone Banker collects survey data for various campaigns and calls lists of community members to invite them to Riders Alliance events.
The Phone Banker/Canvasser will:
- Engage community members in transit campaigns in targeted communities in person and on the phone;
- Build membership and grass-roots community participation for the organization;
- Alert community members to upcoming events through calls and cultivate their interest and participation;
- Record contacts made, contact results, and information collected in an organized manner;
- Ensure accuracy and usability of data and information collected.
- Previous experience with canvassing, phone banking, or community organizing, or equivalent educational experience.
- Preferred: ability to fluently speak language(s) other than English.
- Preferred: familiarity with communities and community politics in New York City.
Pay is hourly and compensation for travel is included. Scheduling and hours are flexible.
Send your resume, a brief description of yourself and your previous experience, and your schedule availability to Kristin Wright, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. The Riders Alliance is an equal opportunity employer, and we strongly encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply for the position.