The Riders Alliance seeks a dynamic and passionate Executive Director to provide vision, leadership, and overall strategic direction as the organization enters its pivotal next phase. The Executive Director will work with staff and members to determine a new set of powerful advocacy campaigns; oversee the organization’s fundraising to ensure financial stability and growth; and continue to forge relationships with key stakeholders and allies in order to bring better transit service to New York City’s millions of daily riders.
This is an exciting opportunity for an innovative leader to shape the future of one of New York’s leading advocacy organizations, engage in work that will improve millions of people’s lives, and oversee a respected team that is eager to build on its strong recent work.
The Riders Alliance has engaged Koya Leadership Partners to help in this hire. Details about the position and instructions for applying are available here.
TEMPORARY DEVELOPMENT AND EVENT ASSISTANT
The Riders Alliance is seeking a responsible, organized and outgoing person to assist the Development Department part-time from August 1st to December 15th to help us carry out general development tasks as well as assist in preparing for the Riders Alliance annual gala to be held on Monday, November 18th. The Riders Alliance gala is our biggest event of the year, with more than 600 guests and $250,000 raised to support the fight for better public transit. This position is perfect for those with flexible schedules, who enjoy non-profit event planning, are organized and can complete concrete tasks in a timely and efficient manner. As Development and Event Assistant, you will work with development team on varying projects in both fundraising and administrative roles.
The Development and Event Assistant will:
- Assist with administrative tasks of the Development Department
- Update organization’s online database with new event RSVPs and share updates with Membership Organizer
- Coordinate via email and phone with members and guests who RSVP and track those correspondences
- Assist with other gala day-of prep
- Assist with any other needs of the Development Department and follow-up after the event
- Dependability and attention to detail
- Computer savvy and comfort with email and online databases (familiarity with Google Sheets and Google Docs is helpful)
- Great organizing and management skills
- Great communication skills via phone and email
Compensation is $20 hourly. Position begins at 10 hours weekly, during the period of August 1st (or sooner) through December 15th.
Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and “Development and Event Assistant” in the subject line of your email. The Riders Alliance is an equal opportunity employer, and we strongly encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply for the position.
PART TIME CANVASSER
The Canvasser, working under the active supervision of the Deputy Director and the Canvass Director, is responsible for engaging with community members and cultivating relationships with potential volunteers through surveys, signed petitions, and events. The Canvasser collects survey data for various grassroots campaigns.
The Canvasser will:
- Engage community members in transit campaigns in targeted communities in person and on the phone;
- Build membership and grass-roots community participation for the organization;
- Record contacts made, contact results, and information collected in an organized manner;
- Ensure accuracy and usability of data and information collected.
- Previous experience with canvassing, phone banking, or community organizing, or equivalent educational experience.
- Preferred: ability to fluently speak language(s) other than English.
- Preferred: familiarity with communities and community politics in New York City.
Pay is hourly and compensation for travel is included. Scheduling and hours are flexible.
How to apply:
Send your resume, a brief description of yourself and your previous experience, and your schedule availability to Kristin Wright, at email@example.com. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. The Riders Alliance is an equal opportunity employer, and we strongly encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply for the position.